Still looking for a king cake recipe? Or wondering what to serve for tomorrow’s Fat Tuesday? Check out this link from Southern Living to find some great New Orleans classics. I’ve got a few masks and beads ready for my little revelers tomorrow. I’ll be making the shrimp and sausage with grits and of course finishing up with my last (of the season) king cake.
If you’re short on time these these easy and mini muffelttas from Southern Living look tasty. I’m going to remember these to bring when invited to my next potluck.
Easy Mini Muffulettas
Prep: 15 min., Bake: 16 min.
- 1 (32-oz.) jar Italian olive salad
- 12 small deli rolls, cut in half
- 12 thin Swiss cheese slices
- 12 thin deli ham slices
- 12 thin provolone cheese slices
- 12 Genoa salami slices
1. Spread 1 Tbsp. olive salad evenly over each cut side of roll bottoms. Top each with 1 Swiss cheese slice, 1 ham slice, 1 Tbsp. olive salad, 1 provolone cheese slice, 1 salami slice, and 1 Tbsp. olive salad. Cover with roll tops, and wrap sandwiches together in a large piece of aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet. 2. Bake at 350° for 14 to 16 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Boscoli Italian Olive Salad.